Special Support Grant Full-time undergraduate, tuition fee and living cost students

5. How it's paid

A Special Support Grant is paid directly to you so you'll need a UK bank or building society account in your own name. We won't pay it into anyone else's account. If you don't have an account when you apply, you'll need to get one and let us know the details before we'll release any payments.

When do we make payments?

Payments are made three times a year, normally around the start of each term.

Your Notification of Entitlement letter

If your application is successful we'll send you a Notification of Entitlement letter. This letter explains what types of student finance you're entitled to, how much you'll get and when your payments will be made.

You should always read and keep these letters. Make sure you understand your entitlement and what this means to you.

What is a reassessment, and how can it affect my funding?

If your circumstances change this can result in a reassessment of your student finance. We'll take the change into consideration, work out your new entitlement and send an updated version of your Notification of Entitlement letter.

If a change in your entitlement has resulted in you being paid too much, this is called an overpayment - you'll need to pay this back, sometimes immediately, so it's very important that you read anything we send you.

Keeping us up to date with any changes to your circumstances can help reduce any amount you may have to repay.

Secondary navigation

Previous 4. Applying Next6. What's next?