Student Contribution Loan Full-time undergraduate, tuition fee and living cost students

5. How it's paid

Who we pay

A Student Contribution Loan is paid directly to your university or college on your behalf. If you applied without a confirmed place, tell us if your course has changed so we can pay the correct university or college.

Loan payments will only be made to your university or college when they have confirmed to us that you've registered on your course and are attending.

When we pay

Your Student Contribution Loan is paid in a single lump sum once you've registered and attended your course.

Your Notification of Entitlement letter

If your application is successful we'll send you a Notification of Entitlement letter. This letter explains what types of student finance you're getting, how much you'll get and when to expect your payments to be made. You can also view this information in your student finance account

You should always read and keep these letters. Make sure you understand your entitlement and what this means to you.

Reassessments can affect your funding

If your circumstances change, this can result in a reassessment of your student finance so it's very important that you keep us up to date with any changes

We'll work out your new entitlement based on the changes and send an updated Notification of Entitlement letter.

Secondary navigation

Previous 4. Applying Next6. What's next?