Disabled Students' Allowance Full Time Undergraduate, Northern Ireland Students
Help with applying
If you would like to speak to someone about your eligibility for Disabled Students' Allowance or Study Needs Assessment you can contact the Disabled Students' Allowance officer at your local Student Finance NI (SFNI) office.
The quickest way to apply is to sign into your student finance account. If you've had funding from us in the past you'll be able to use the same sign in details, if not you'll need to create an account.
If you cannot apply online
You can download a form below or speak to your local Education Authority Office.
- 2022 to 2023
- 2021 to 2022
2022 to 2023
Disabled Students' Allowances application form for DSAs only 2022 to 2023
If you're applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances only or, if you've yet to apply for any other student finance.PDF 387.7KB
A guide to completing your Disabled Students' Allowances application form 2022 to 2023
Guidance notes to help you complete your Disabled Students' Allowances application form.PDF 129.6KB
2021 to 2022
Disabled Students' Allowances Application Form (Full) 2021/22
If you're applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances only or you've yet to apply for any other student finance.PDF 431.7KB
Disabled Students' Allowances Notes 2021/22
Guidance notes to help you complete your DSA 1 (full) Disabled Students' Allowances Application form.PDF 125.8KB
Apply early to get your finance confirmed before your course starts
We'll announce when applications are available on the home page each year.
Applying early and providing all the information we need means:
- we can confirm your student finance before your course begins
- you can budget for the year because you'll know exactly what you're getting and when
- you can let us know if anything changes, and we can update your student finance accordingly
- we have as much time as possible to get in touch with you before your course starts, if we need to
Applications always open with enough time for you to apply and have your funding in place for the start of your course. However if you apply late, your student finance might be too.
You can apply using the details of your preferred course before you've been accepted
Tell us if anything changes and we'll update your application.
There is no deadline for applying for Disabled Students' Allowance but you should apply as early as possible.
Continuing into next year
You don’t need to reapply each year if you:
- received Disabled Students’ Allowance the previous year
- are in receipt of an undergraduate Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loan, or both
- are continuing on the same course
We'll contact you before the start of your course.
You do need to reapply each year if you:
- did not receive a Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loan, or both, last year
- change your course
- change from full-time to part-time study
- suspended your studies and this has affected when you finish your course
- withdrew from your course and are now returning to study
- are repeating a year of study