Adult Dependants' Grant Full-time undergraduate, Northern Ireland students

5. How it's paid

Who we pay

An Adults Dependants' Grant is paid directly to you so you'll need a UK bank or building society account in your own name. We will not pay it into anyone else's account. If you do not have an account when you apply, you'll need to get one and let us know the details before we'll release any payments.

Your Notification of Entitlement letter

If your application is successful we'll send you a Notification of Entitlement letter. This letter explains what types of student finance you're entitled to, how much you'll get and when your payments will be made. You can also view this information in your student finance account.

You should always read and keep these letters. Make sure you understand your entitlement and what this means to you.

Reassessments can affect your funding

If your circumstances change, this can result in a reassessment of your student finance so it's very important that you keep us up to date with any changes. If you've been paid too much based on the change, you will have to repay this overpayment.

We'll work out your new entitlement based on the change and send an updated Notification of Entitlement letter.

Secondary navigation

Previous 4. Applying Next6. What's next?