Adult Dependants' Grant Full-time undergraduate, Northern Ireland students
Apply online, it's faster
The quickest way to apply is to sign into your student finance account. If you've had funding from us in the past you'll be able to use the same sign in details, if not you'll need to create an account.
If you cannot apply online
You'll be asked to estimate your household income and confirm it later in the year
We may contact you and ask for proof of your financial circumstances. This can include:
- your P60
- dependent's income
- family tax credits details
- financial information from your partner, for example bank statements
We'll let you know what information and evidence we need and when to send it.
Apply early to get your finance confirmed before your course starts
We'll announce when applications are available on the home page each year.
Applying early and providing all the information we need means:
- we can confirm your student finance before your course begins
- you can budget for the year because you'll know exactly what you're getting and when
- you can let us know if anything changes, and we can update your student finance accordingly
- we have as much time as possible to get in touch with you before your course starts, if we need to
Applications always open with enough time for you to apply and have your funding in place for the start of your course. However if you apply late, your student finance might be too.
You can apply using the details of your preferred course before you've been accepted
Tell us if your information or circumstances, and we'll update your application.
The final deadline for applying is 9 months after the first day of your academic year. You can still make changes to your loan request up to 1 month before the end of the academic year.