2023 to 2024 forms for full-time undergraduate NI students

Read the form descriptions to make sure you complete the correct form. Sending the incorrect form could delay your application.

Application Forms

Applying for Student Finance

The following forms are to apply for your full-time undergraduate finance, as a new or continuing NI student. This includes Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant and Special Support Grant.

New student applications

Download and complete the PN1 form and notes below if you're applying for finance for the first time. Alternatively you can apply online through your student finance account.

Continuing Student Applications

Download and complete the PR1 form if you're an continuing student applying for finance for your next year of study. Alternatively you can apply online through your student finance account.

Forms to Support your Application

As part of your application for student finance you may be told to complete one or more of the following forms.

If your parents or partner have been told to complete a form to support your application, these can be found in parents and partners forms.

Claiming Reimbursement for Study Related Travel

Only use this form if you have applied for student finance and we have told you that you're eligible for a Travel Grant. If you've not been told you're eligible and you think that you might be, check 'Who can get this grant?'

Change of Circumstances

Let us know about any changes as soon as you can

Keeping your information up to date is part of your finance agreement. You may be able to update your information on your student finance account, check this first.

Use this form to tell us if you've:

  • changed your name or address
  • changed university or college
  • changed course
  • changed from full-time to part-time study
  • left your course or suspended your studies
  • your course tuition fee amount has changed

Once we know about your change we'll write to you to let you know how this affects your entitlement.

Changing your Finance

Disability and Childcare Forms

Students with a Learning Difficulty, Health Problem or Disability

The following forms are used to apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA). DSA is available if you have a disability, physical disability, long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty.

Claiming Reimbursement for DSA Related Costs

If you're eligible for Disabled Students' Allowance you may need to also complete the following form during the academic year to claim back for purchases made in relation to your DSA.

Students With Childcare Costs

Our Childcare Grant can help with the costs of approved childcare during your studies.

Return Address

Forms should be sent to your local Student Finance NI office.