How to apply
If you’re an EU student applying for help with tuition fees only, follow these steps:
- Complete an application form by the deadline
- Send your application form to the Student Finance Services European Team
- Include any evidence with your application – for example, proof of identity or, if you’re a part-time student, household income
Check if you qualify for the same type of help as UK students. If you do, the application process is different. For more details, see the link below.
When to apply
If you start your course from September 2017 onwards you can apply:
- New Full-time students - from March 2017
- Continuing Full-time students - from March 2017
- Part-time students - from July 2017
The deadlines for 2017/18 applications are:
- full-time and part-time students - up to nine months after the start of your academic year
Check with your university or college when your academic year starts as it’s not necessarily the first day of your course. For 2017/18 it will either be 1 September, 1 January, 1 April or 1 July.
Where to send your application form
Send your application form to:
Student Finance Services European Team
Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
United Kingdom DL1 9AZ
What happens after you’ve sent your application?
The Student Finance Services European Team will:
- Confirm your application has been received
- Work out how much (if anything) you’ll get
- Write to you confirming how much you’ll get
- Pay the money directly to your college or university
If your course, income or family circumstances change
Tell the Student Finance Services European Team if your course, income or family circumstances change as this can affect what you're entitled to.
Full-time students can do this using form EUCO1. Part-time students should contact the Student Finance Services European Team.
If you’re unhappy with the result of your application
It may be possible to have your application re-assessed. Contact the Student Finance Services European Team.