EU nationals and Student Finance in Northern Ireland.
Apply for a Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan now!
Applications for 2017/18 are now open - it’s time for full-time undergraduate students to apply
Tuition Fee Loans for Part-time Undergraduate (and Distance Learning) Students 2017/18
Tuition Fee Loans for Postgraduate students 2017/18
Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loans in Northern Ireland

Forms and Guides 2017/18

The forms and guides below are for full-time undergraduate students applying for academic year 2017/18.

Other forms and guides are available from

Returning Your Completed Forms

You should send your completed forms to your EA regional office. To identify your EA regional office and to find their contact details please refer to the EA finder.

The forms and guides on this page are provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view this you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
available for free download.

Get Adobe Reader

2017/18 Full-time students

These guidebooks provide detailed information on all aspects of the financial support available:

Students wishing to apply for support should complete the following forms:

New Students

Birth Certificates or Adoption Certificates for evidence

We recommend that you send in your original Birth or Adoption Certificate for evidence.

You must also complete and return the form below

This form contains two separate declarations. The 'Applicant's Declaration of Identity' must be signed by the student to confirm their identity. The 'Identity Confirmation Form' is to verify your identity and must be completed by a person of good standing in the community who has known you for at least two years.
Please read the ‘Acceptable countersignatures’ section for a complete list of eligible people.

Please note: this person must be currently in employment, and they must supply a phone number for their place of work.

Continuing Students

Loan Request Forms

For students who have already applied for support and now wish to amend either the amount of Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loan they requested:

Back to top

Disabled Students' Allowances

If you have completed or are completing your application for Student Finance and you also want to apply for Disabled Students' Allowances, you should complete the slimline version of the DSA1 form.

If you are applying for Disabled Students' Allowances only, a postgraduate student or if you are studying your course by distance learning you must complete the full version of the DSA1 form.

If you are an Open University student you will need to post your DSA form to the Open University Belfast office:

Disability Project Officer
110 Victoria Street

You should post your ID documents directly to SFNI Office at the address below. Please ensure to attach a note to indicate that you are applying for DSA and your form has been forwarded to the Open University who will send it to SFNI on your behalf once they have completed the relevant sections. Please also give details of your home address to enable SFNI to return your original documents.

Student Finance NI
DSA Office
Ballee Centre
Ballee Road West
BT42 2HS

If you want to claim for expenses you’ve already paid out, fill in a 'Claim form for reimbursement of costs through Disabled Students' Allowances'.

Change of Circumstance

Missing Signature

Missing signature - complete this form if you did not sign your paper application, when you applied for student finance:

Childcare Grant

Information on all aspects of financial support, including the Childcare Grant, for student parents:

Special Support Grant

The Special Support Grant pays up to £3,475 depending on your household income and is intended to help with additional course related costs such as books, equipment, travel or childcare.

Back to top

Parents, husbands, wives and partners of students

If you are supporting a student during their studies, you may require these forms:

To provide your financial information in support of a student's application (where it has not been provided on the main application form):

If you have been asked to provide financial information in support of an application and completed a paper tax return for 2015-16, you may find the following guide useful.

Current Year Assessment

If your total household income has dropped by 5% or more since tax year 2015-16, the student can be reassessed based on the current tax year.

Missing Signature

Missing signature - complete this form if you did not sign the paper form when you supported a student's application for finance:

Back to top