Applications for 2017/18 are now open - it’s time for full-time undergraduate students to apply
DfE have released a statement relating to EU nationals applying for Student Finance
Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loans in Northern Ireland
Applications for 2016/17 part-time students are now open
Education and Library Boards (ELBs) have been replaced...

Forms and guides 2016/17

The forms and guides below are for the academic year 2016/17.

Forms and guides for the Academic Year 2017/18 are available from Academic Year 2017/18.

Returning Your Completed Forms

You should send your completed forms to your EA regional office. To identify your EA regional office and to find their contact details please refer to the EA finder.

The forms and guides on this page are provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view this you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
available for free download.

Get Adobe Reader

2016/17 Full-time students

These guidebooks provide detailed information on all aspects of the financial support available:

Students wishing to apply for support should complete the following forms:

New Students

Birth Certificates or Adoption Certificates for evidence

We recommend that you send in your original Birth or Adoption Certificate for evidence.

You must also complete and return the form below

This form contains two separate declarations. The 'Applicant's Declaration of Identity' must be signed by the student to confirm their identity. The 'Identity Confirmation Form' is to verify your identity and must be completed by a person of good standing in the community who has known you for at least two years.

Please note: this person must be currently in employment, and they must supply a phone number for their place of work.

Please read the ‘Acceptable countersignatures’ document for a complete list of eligible people.

Continuing Students

Loan Request Forms

For students who have already applied for support and now wish to amend either the amount of Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loan they requested:

Back to top

Disabled Students' Allowances

If you have completed or are completing your application for Student Finance and you also want to apply for Disabled Students' Allowances, you should complete the slimline version of the DSA1 form.

If you are applying for Disabled Students' Allowances only, or if you are a part-time student, a post graduate student or if you are studying your course by distance learning you must complete the full version of the DSA1 form.

If you want to claim for expenses you’ve already paid out, fill in a 'Claim form for reimbursement of costs through Disabled Students' Allowances'.

Change of Circumstance

Missing Signature

Missing signature - complete this form if you did not sign your paper application, when you applied for student finance:

Childcare Grant

Information on all aspects of financial support, including the Childcare Grant, for student parents:

Special Support Grant

The Special Support Grant pays up to £3,475 depending on your household income and is intended to help with additional course related costs such as books, equipment, travel or childcare.

Back to top

Parents, husbands, wives and partners of students

If you are supporting a student during their studies, you may require these forms:

To provide your financial information in support of a student's application (where it has not been provided on the main application form):

If you have been asked to provide financial information in support of an application and completed a paper tax return for 2014-15, you may find the following guide useful.

Current Year Assessment

If your total household income has dropped by 5% or more since tax year 2014-15, the student can be reassessed based on the current tax year.

Missing Signature

Missing signature - complete this form if you did not sign the paper form when you supported a student's application for finance:

Back to top

2016/17 Part-time Students

Part-time students wishing to apply for support should download:

If you receive state benefits and are unable to send the evidence requested in your application notes, you’ll need to complete this form to confirm which benefit(s) you receive and how much:

If you need to tell us about any change in your circumstances through the year, for example a change in your course or the university or college you’re attending, you’ll need to complete this form:

Back to top